Dates set for 2012 legislative breakfast series
ADDISON COUNTY — The Bridport Grange No. 303 and the Addison County Farm Bureau will launch the first in its annual legislative breakfast series on Monday, Feb. 6, beginning at 7 a.m. in the Bridport Grange Hall.
The legislative breakfast series has enjoyed a long tradition in Addison County, offering residents a weekly opportunity to personally meet with their state representatives and senators on legislation being debated in Montpelier. As has been the custom, the breakfasts will rotate between various public venues throughout the county.
All of the breakfasts start at 7 a.m., with the program beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 8:45 a.m.
The series this year will also feature two lunches, both beginning at noon and ending at 1:45 p.m.
Purchase of breakfast is not required to attend but helps the hosts to defray the cost of opening their hall.
Here is the 2012 legislative breakfast schedule:
• Feb. 6, the Bridport Grange Hall.
• Feb. 13, the Bristol American Legion Hall.
• Feb. 20, the Middlebury American Legion Hall.
• Feb. 27, the Orwell Firehouse.
• March 5, the Vergennes American Legion Hall.
• March 12, the Rikert Nordic Center off Route 125 in Ripton. This will be a lunch program featuring Gov. Peter Shumlin as speaker. Free Nordic skiing will be available after the lunch.
• March 19, the Bridport Community Hall. This will be a lunch program focusing on agricultural issues.
• March 26, the Bristol American Legion Hall.
• April 2, the Middlebury American Legion Hall.
• April 9, the Shoreham Congregational Church.
• April 16, the Weybridge Congregational Church.
A final legislative breakfast, summarizing the highlights of the 2012 session, is scheduled for June 4 at the Bridport Grange Hall.
The breakfast series also receives support from the Addison County Chamber of Commerce and the Addison County Regional Planning Commission.
The Fresh Air Fund, initiated in 1877 to give kids from New York City the opportunity to e … (read more)
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.