Vergennes Police Log: Police cite underage drinker
VERGENNES — A Saturday visit to a Main Street apartment building ended with Vergennes police issuing three citations, all after an incident of underage drinking.
City police cited Tara Tower, 34, of Monkton for simple assault for allegedly punching the face Jason Shaffer, 21, a resident of the apartment building.
Police said the assault was related to Shaffer’s citation for allegedly furnishing alcohol to a minor. Police also ticketed a minor for underage drinking.
In other incidents between Nov. 21 and 27, Vergennes police:
• On Nov. 21 on behalf of Vermont State Police checked Route 7 in Waltham for a reported disabled vehicle; it was gone.
• On Nov. 21 checked to make sure a city teen reported to be distraught was OK; he was.
• On Nov. 21 helped VSP at a traffic stop on Monkton Road that included a vehicle search.
• On Nov. 22 cited Aretha LaRose, 39, of Shelburne for possession of a small amount of marijuana after stopping her car on Route 7 in Waltham.
• On Nov. 22 went to a Booska Court home when one of a separating couple complained that the other party removed a television without permission; police told the parties it was a matter for civil court.
• On Nov. 22 directed traffic around a truck stalled on the Otter Creek bridge.
• On Nov. 24 cited Krystal Caruso, 24, of New Haven for driving under the influence of alcohol after stopping her car on Bowman Road; police allege her blood-alcohol content tested at 0.148 percent. The legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
• On Nov. 25 began investigating a report that a man had stolen 26 containers of anti-freeze from Shaw’s Supermarket; police are working to identify him from security camera footage.
• On Nov. 25 helped VSP deal with a dog bite case on Greenbush Road in Ferrisburgh.
• On Nov. 25 began investigating the theft of a purse with $720 in cash from Kinney Drug Store. The purse was later recovered at a store in Ferrisburgh; police reviewed security video and are looking for a man who was wearing overalls.
• On Nov. 25 took a complaint from a city woman of continuing harassing phone calls from another city woman; police are consulting with the state’s attorney’s office about this case.
• On Nov. 26 helped game wardens on Adams Ferry Road in Panton.
• On Nov. 26 helped VSP and the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad deal with a Panton man described as emotionally disturbed.
• On Nov. 26 began investigating the overnight theft of an undetermined amount of money from a cash drawer and envelopes at Shear Cuts salon. Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
• On Nov. 27 served a temporary restraining order to a South Water Street resident.
• On Nov. 27 picked up a dog running loose in the Church Street area and took it to the Vergennes Animal Hospital.
• On Nov. 27 were told an unknown car had driven off from Champlain Farms without paying for $10 of gas.
Mark A. Nelson of Bristol
BRISTOL — A memorial service for Mark A. Nelson of Bristol will be held 1 p.m. on Saturday … (read more)
High school athletes ready for fall playoffs this week
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Uncategorized
Ethan Allen Highway Storage Notice of Sale
Ethan Allen Storage 100622 1×1.75