Vermont State Police Log: Addison man cited for driving cycle 133 miles per hour
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police last week cited an Addison man for driving 133 mph on Route 22A in Addison.
On Tuesday, Sept. 13, at around 3 p.m. Trooper Andrew Leise observed a red sport bike traveling northbound on Route 22A in Addison at a high rate of speed. Upon activating his stationary radar Leise received a target speed of 132 mph, which then increased to 133 mph.
The bike was stopped two towns north of Addison in Vergennes just over the Panton/Vergennes town line. Police stopped the driver, Samuel A. Trudo, 21, without incident, and there was no pursuit. Trudo was reported to have been driving a 2008 Yamaha R1 (1,000cc) high performance motorcycle. He was cited for driving with excessive speed.
Separately, VSP are investigating the Sept. 14 report of break-ins at five camps in Orwell on Singing Cedars Road. Someone had forced entry into each camp, and at least one of the camps had personal property stolen from it. Anyone with information is asked to contact Senior Trooper Andrew Leise at the New Haven State Police barracks at 1-802-388-4919.
In other recent activity, VSP:
• On Sept. 13 received a report of the theft of an aluminum oil tank that was stolen in New Haven that day between 5 and 6:30 p.m. An older model maroon Chevy pickup 4X4 with a loud exhaust and big dents in the vehicle was reportedly seen leaving the scene. Some parts of the vehicle may be a different color, like the bumper or corner panels. Anyone with any information is asked to call the New Haven State Police barracks at 388-4919.
• On Sept. 14 fielded a report of the theft of copper tubing from a residence on the Goshen-Ripton Road in Goshen. Approximately 50-60 feet of soft copper tubing was reported stolen sometime between Sept. 7 and 14. Anyone with information in regard to this stolen copper is encouraged to contact the state police in New Haven at 388-4919.
• On Sept. 14 at 5:50 p.m. at a traffic stop on Route 22A in Panton cited driver Danielle Lafore of Albany, N.Y., for possession of cocaine, and cited passenger Nichole Everson, also of Albany, N.Y., with possession of marijuana.
• On Sept. 14 at around 8:45 p.m. stopped a car driven by Patrick McCarthy, 20, of Ferrisburgh on Route 7 in Leicester for having a defective headlight. Police cited him for possession of marijuana.
• On Sept. 15 at 1:11 a.m. stopped Mark Chila, 45, of Pawlet for driving 78 mph in a 50 mph zone on Route 22A in Orwell. Police cited Chila for possession of marijuana.
• On Sept. 16 at a little before 1 a.m. stopped a vehicle driven by William Jutila, 43, of North Clarendon, for speeding on Route 7 in Salisbury. Police cited Jutila for possession of marijuana.
• On Sept. 19 at 5:35 p.m. cited Benjamin Adams, 29, of Salisbury for driving with a suspended license on West Shore Road in Salisbury.
• On Sept. 19 at 9:31 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by William Wright, 28, of New Haven for speeding on Swamp Road in Cornwall. Police cited Wright for driving with a suspended license, and lodged him at the Chittenden County Correctional Center for an outstanding warrant in Chittenden County.