Panther athletes hit the track
MIDDLEBURY — Eight individual Middlebury College track and field athletes and one relay team won events on Saturday as the Panthers hosted Springfield, Bowdoin and Vermont in their first home meet of the spring.
Springfield won both the men’s and women’s team events, with the Middlebury women second and the Panther men third.
On the women’s side, the Pride scored 148.5 to edge the Panthers (140.5), with Bowdoin (92) and UVM (17) trailing.
The Pride men won with 161, followed by Bowdoin (119), Middlebury (99), and UVM (14)
Winning events for the Panther women and their results were:
• Junior Amanda Lee, 3,000-meter steeplechase, 11:24.19.
• Senior Cailey Condit, 1,500, 4:55.85.
• Junior Kaitlyn Saldanha, 800, 2:20.95.
• Senior Laura Dalton, 400 hurdles, 1:05.77.
• Sophomore Claire McIlvennie, 5,000, 18:52.32.
• Junior Elizabeth Faust, high jump, 4-11.75.
• The 4X400 relay team of senior Anjuli Demers, Dalton, freshman Juliet Ryan-Davis and sophomore Rebecca Fanning, 4:02.35.
Winning events for the Panther men and their results were:
• Sophomore John Montroy, 110 hurdles, 15.64.
• Junior Addison Godine, 800, 1:57.73.
RIPTON — The memorial service in celebration of the life of Rev. Wayne Alfred Holsman, 87, … (read more)
See when your favorite high school team is competing in the fall sports playoffs.