CORRECTION: An item in last ?week’s Vermont State Police Log ?incorrectly stated the facts ?surrounding a case in which Todd? Norris, 40, of Bridport was cited ?for possession of marijuana. Norris? was not driving his car at the time ?police stopped the car and allegedly ?found marijuana in it; he says he? was home on the couch and another ?man was driving it. As the owner of? the vehicle, Norris was charged with possession. He told the ?Independenthe will contest the? charge.
ADDISON COUNTY — ?Vermont State Police are ?investigating two recent complaints ?that local homes had been broken? into and things stolen while the ?residents were away during the day.
On April 3 troopers were called ?to a home on Hardscrabble Road in? Monkton that had been broken into ?between 7 a.m. and 5:10 p.m. that ?day. The homeowner said some ?items had been stolen.
That same day, police were ?called to a home off Route 17 in? Addison for a report of a theft.? Upon arrival state police learned ?that sometime between 8:15 a.m.? and 11 a.m. an unknown ?individual entered the residence ?and took a jewelry box containing? approximately 12 pieces of jewelry.? The box, which was removed from? a dresser, was described as ?approximately 7 inches by 9 inches? and pink in color with a flower-like ?design.
Anyone with information in ?either case is asked to contact? VSP at 802-388-4919. Information ?can also be submitted anonymously ?online at www.vtips.info or by ?texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
In other recent activity, troopers:?
• On March 31 at 9:38 p.m. responded to a one-car crash on ?Main Street in Whiting. Police said ?a 2012 Nissan Altima driven by Evan Auguste, 20, of Great Neck,? N.Y., left the roadway due to poor? visibility caused by the rain and ?inattentiveness of the driver. The? passenger sustained minor injures and was transported to Porter? Medical Center for evaluation. The? vehicle was towed from the scene.? Anyone with information is asked ?to contact VSP.
• On April 1 at 8 p.m. responded ?to a two-vehicle crash on Route 14 ?in South Royalton, and? subsequently cited Christopher? Magoon, 21, of Goshen for driving ?under the influence.
• On April 2 at 8:51 p.m. ?responded with Vergennes police to? a report of a family fight on Tow ?Path Lane in Ferrisburgh. Further ?investigation led to the arrest of? Troy Siple, 38, of Ferrisburgh;? police cited him for domestic ?assault and refusing to submit to a? test for driving under the influence? (second offense).
• On April 3 at approximately 4 ?p.m. responded to a one-vehicle ?crash on Route 17 in Addison.? Police said the driver and lone ?occupant of the 2002 Chevy Tahoe, ?identified as 54-year-old Heidi ?Brousseau of Addison, was? pronounced dead on scene.? Brousseau had been westbound on? Route 17 when her SUV left the ?road and crashed into some trees.? The exact cause of her death and? the accident itself are under ?investigation. Alcohol is not? suspected to be involved.
• On April 4 at 10:49 p.m. a ?passerby reported to police that a? vehicle had crashed into a tree on Big Hollow Road in Starksboro and? nobody was with the truck. Upon ?arrival the trooper found the 2000 ?Chevy truck, which was a total ?loss, being pulled away from the ?tree by a tow truck. Police said they ?found that the owner and operator? was James Sprague, 23, of Starksboro. Sprague never called? the state police and told the trooper ?that the accident occurred at 9:40? p.m.
The trooper said that Sprague ?had been drinking but there was not? sufficient evidence to charge him with driving under the influence.? Sprague was charged with careless ?and negligent driving.
• On April 5 began investigating ?a report from a resident of River ?Road in New Haven whose garage ?windows had been shot sometime ?in the last month with what police officials believe to be an Airsoft ?BB gun. No one was injured during ?the incident. Anyone with ?information is asked to contact? VSP.
• On April 5 at 11:15 p.m. were ?called to a report of a citizen? dispute off Robinson Road in ?Lincoln. Police arrested Gerald ?Sanborn, 50, of Lincoln, cited him? for second-degree aggravated ?domestic assault and lodged him at? Chittenden County Correctional? Center.
• On April 6 at 9:36 p.m.? received a report of a fraud? perpetrated against a New Haven ?resident. Police said the New? Haven woman was told to send? money to pay for shipping of an? item on the website Craigslist; she ?sent the money via Western Union ?and was told to send more. She? then realized it was a fraud and? contacted the state police. Troopers? continue to investigate and ask? anyone with information to contact? them at 388-4919 or submit ?information online at ?www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword:? VTIPS.
• On April 7 at 9:12 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route ?22A for speeding. The trooper ?reported that he found that the ?passenger in this vehicle, identified as 20-year-old Daniel Schechner of? Shelburne, was in possession of marijuana and hashish. Police cited? Schechner for possession of? marijuana.
• On April 7 at 9:15 p.m.? responded to a car crash on Market? Road in Bridport in which a? Mitsubishi Mirage was totaled.? Police said the driver, Megan E.? Hedley, 25, of Leicester, was taken ?to Porter Hospital to be assessed by ?hospital staff and then transported ?to Fletcher Allen Health Care in? Burlington for further analysis.? While at the hospital, police cited Hedley for driving under the ?influence of alcohol.
• On April 8 at 9:32 p.m. cited ?21-year-old Frank M. Liberty for? speeding. Police said he was? driving 93 mph in a 50 mph zone ?on Route 116 in Starksboro.