Middlebury wrestlers come out on top in three duals
MILTON — On this past Wednesday at Milton the Middlebury Union High School wrestling team won three dual meets to even its record at 3-3.
The Tigers topped Harwood, 27-24; Milton, 36-18; and North Country, 36-30.
The results followed a Dec. 8 tournament at Mount Greylock High School in Massachusetts in which the Tigers went 0-3, but received strong performances from Jakob Trautwein at 195 pounds and Tyler LaPlant at 285 — both went 3-0 and won all their bouts by pin.
In the Tigers’ three-point win over Harwood, a 3-2 advantage in forfeits proved decisive. In contested weight classes:
• At 132 James Whitley, MUHS, defeated David Howes, 13-11. Whitley was wrestling up a weight class, according to the Tiger coaches, and his win was critical.
• At 170 Kaegan Pearsall, Harwood, pinned Nick Beauchamp in 2:31.
• At 195 Trautwein, MUHS, pinned Mitch Kupier in 3:03.
• At 220 Kyle Streeter, Harwood, pinned Thomas Langevin in 0:34.
Against a small Milton squad the teams split two matches and the Tiger racked up a 5-2 forfeit advantage.
In contested matches,
• At 170 Ian Kandzior, Milton, pinned Beauchamp, MUHS, in 1:06.
• At 182 Skyler Shute, MUHS, pinned Wayne Bourne, Milton, in 1:16.
Both MUHS and North Country forfeited four weights, but the Tigers won two of three contested matches by pin.
• At 170 Colin Brennan, NC, pinned Beauchamp, MUHS, in 1:19.
• At 182 Shute, MUHS, pinned Adrien Larose, NC, in 1:56.
• At 195 Trautwein, MUHS, pinned Grant Blake, NC, in 2:31.