MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police investigated a report of a vehicle striking a pedestrian at the intersection of Court Street and Creek Road on Dec. 19. Police said the pedestrian was taken to Porter Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed that a vehicle had been hit by another vehicle while parked in the Middlebury Union High School parking lot on Dec. 19.
• Assisted a local man who had been receiving unwanted text messages from a woman on Dec. 19.
• Checked on the welfare of a local woman suspected to have overdosed on medication on Dec. 19. Police said the woman was connected with nursing and counseling services.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with an unruly patient on Dec. 19.
• Cited Dave J. Maxwell, 51, of Orwell for possession of marijuana, following a stop for speeding on Seminary Street Extension on Dec. 20.
• Received a report about a woman panhandling on Main Street on Dec. 20.
• Cited Adrian Moore, 20, of Middlebury for unlawful trespass, following an incident at MUHS on Dec. 20.
• Responded to a report of some horses loose in the Painter Road area on Dec. 20.
• Cited Sonja Kemp, 32, of Middlebury for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana, following an investigation off Happy Valley Road on Dec. 20.
• Were informed that a student’s walletand cash had been stolen from Middlebury College’s Proctor Dining Hall on Dec. 20.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Court Street apartment on Dec. 21.
• Ticketed a minor reportedly in possession of tobacco on MUHS grounds on Dec. 21.
• Investigated a report of someone allegedly driving a vehicle into a Washington Street home on Dec. 22.
• Investigated a reported fight between four people in front of Two Brothers Tavern on Main Street on Dec. 24.
• Spoke with a local man on Dec. 24 who had allegedly been posting some disturbing messages on Facebook about harming himself and a local church.
• Delivered gifts to 32 children in 13 families on Christmas Day, Dec. 25 (see related story in the A section).