ADDISON COUNTY — This past Sunday, June 15, at 9:37 p.m. Vermont State Police received a report of a one-car crash on Route 116 in Starksboro.
While en route state police learned that the driver of the vehicle, identified as 23-year-old Andrew Bissonette of Starksboro, had been ejected from the vehicle and he was unresponsive. Bissonette was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington to be treated for back and neck injuries. Police said he was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
The hospital reported that Bissonette was in fair condition on Tuesday afternoon. “Fair” condition is described as having vital signs that are stable and within normal limits; patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable; indicators are favorable.
The passenger in the vehicle also sustained injuries, though police did not describe the nature of the injuries.
Police said they learned that speed was a contributing factor to this collision. This incident is under investigation and criminal charges are pending.
In other recent activity, VSP:
• On June 10 at 6:05 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Kelly McEvoy, 43, of New Haven on East Street in New Haven. Police cited McEvoy for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On June 10 at 10:49 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by 34-year-old Matthew Shepard of Bristol for allegedly traveling at 61 mph in a 35 mph zone on Plank Road in New Haven. Police cited Shepard for driving under the influence.
• On June 12 at 5:11 p.m. responded to a traffic crash with damage in Granville. Police did not provide additional details by press time.
• On June 13 at 1:28 a.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Richard E. Klein, 60, of Panton on Adams Ferry Road in Panton for a traffic infraction. Police cited Klein for DUI.
• On June 15 at approximately 10:40 a.m. stopped a vehicle driven by Yosef E. Pitts, 32, of Addison for an obstructed windshield violation (front window tint); the officer said this was a violation of Title 23 VSA Section 1125. Police cited Pitts for driving with a criminally suspended license.