ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police responded on Aug. 6 at 3:35 p.m. to a two-vehicle crash on Route 7 in New Haven.
Police report that Cheril O’Brien, 38, of Brandon was driving a 2013 Ford Focus southbound when the Ford completely crossed the center line into the path of a southbound 2012 GMC 1500 pickup truck driven by Jamie Reed, 55, of South Burlington, causing the vehicles to collide.
No one was injured, though the Middlebury Volunteer Ambulance Association responded to assess the health of the people involved. The New Haven Fire Department responded to the scene and provided traffic control.
The Ford sustained extensive front-end damage and the pickup was damaged on its left rear end.
In other recent activity, VSP:
• Responded to a report that on Aug. 4 someone had stolen a purse containing personal property from an unlocked cabin at Basin Harbor Club in Ferrisburgh. The total value of the bag and contents was approximately $1,000. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP at 802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On Aug. 6 at 6 a.m. were called to a domestic assault that occurred on Burpee Road in Bristol. After the assault the accused, identified as Arnold Fuentes, 35, of Bristol, fled in a 2002 Ford Taurus, gold or tan in color. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 6 at 11:08 p.m. responded to a residence on Otter Creek Road in Addison for a reported domestic assault. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Russell Kinsley, 60, of Addison for domestic assault on a family member. Kinsley was released on conditions. Vergennes police assisted in the investigation.
• On Aug. 7 at 2 p.m. logged a report of vandalism of a mailbox on Route 116 South in Bristol. The victim estimated the value of his mailbox was $30. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 7 at 1:50 p.m. received a complaint of a theft of gas from the Ripton Country Store. Store employees were able to provide a license plate number and vehicle description. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 9 at 10:51 a.m. received a report of the theft of four pieces of green construction staging worth approximately $250 from a farm in Bridport. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 10 at 6 p.m. responded to a one-vehicle collision into a tree off Lake Dunmore Road in Leicester. The trooper said a 2001 Jeep driven by Richard Counter, 72, of Brandon left the right side of the road and struck a tree. Counter told police that he did not remember leaving the roadway. The trooper reported that neither speed nor alcohol were contributing factors and she suspected a medical emergency was a contributing factor. Counter was transported to Porter Hospital and then on to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was treated for unreported injuries and released. Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 10 at 11:20 p.m. looked into a report from a concerned citizen who reported that two males might be breaking into cars at a car dealership in New Haven at the intersection of Routes 7 and 17. Troopers located two males and cited Joseph Ciaramitaro, 19, of Middlebury for possession of several bags of heroin. Trooper Duplissis said the second male would be issued civil tickets and it did not appear that the two were successful in breaking into any cars.
• On Aug. 11 at 2:20 a.m. responded to the crash of a Peterbilt tractor-trailer truck that was headed toward Field Days. Police said Robert Arrington, 61, of Enfield, Conn., was driving the big rig on Route 17 toward the fairgrounds when a vehicle crossed into his lane forcing his tractor-trailer off the roadway and causing it rotate into a ditch. No injuries were reported, though the front end of the tractor was damaged.
• On Aug. 12 at 8 a.m. were called to investigate the burglary of a locked barn on West Street in Cornwall. The victim reported that the break-in occurred during the previous evening and that three filled gas containers were stolen. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 12 began investigating the theft of a purse from a motor vehicle sometime between 3 and 4:30 p.m. that day while the car was parked on the Lincoln Gap Road in Lincoln. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On Aug. 12 at 6:58 p.m. fielded a report that sometime between April 1 and Aug. 12 jewelry and other items were stolen from a home off Old Jerusalem Road in Salisbury. Anyone with information regarding this theft is asked to contact VSP.