ADDISON COUNTY — On Saturday, April 13, at approximately 8:40 a.m. Vermont State Police responded with Bristol police and Addison County Sheriff’s Department deputies, to a family fight on Lower Notch Road in Bristol.
Police took Ethan Shepard, 22, of Bristol into custody after a verbal altercation turned into threatening behavior while yielding a firearm. Shepard also reportedly left the scene driving the victim’s vehicle while intoxicated.
Police cited Shepard for driving under the influence and simple assault and lodged him at the Chittenden County Correctional Facility in lieu of $1,000 bail.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On April 9 at 5:47 p.m. stopped two cars for speeding on Swamp Road in Cornwall. Police cited Devin Laramie, 22, of Castleton and Jesse Churchill, 23, of Bomoseen for speeding; the trooper said both were traveling at 67 mph in a 35 mph zone. Churchill was also charged with careless and negligent driving.
• On April 10 responded to a report of a theft at a residence on Mt. Independence Road in Orwell. Sometime after 8 p.m. on April 9, work trailers at a construction site were broken into and multiple power and air tools were taken, including finishing nailers, routers and saws. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP at 802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On April 10 at 6:58 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Justin Buzzell, 20, of Middlebury on River Road in New Haven. Police cited Buzzell and his passenger, Jason Krans, 22, of Salisbury, for possession of marijuana.
• On April 12 at 1:55 p.m. responded to a one-car crash on Lincoln Road in Lincoln. Police said Heather M. Barry, 30, of Shoreham was driving a 2005 Audi A4 northbound on the road when she lost control of the vehicle, went off the east side of the road and struck a tree. Barry sustained bumps and bruises and was taken to Porter Hospital by the Bristol Rescue Squad. Police said the road was snowy and icy. Lincoln firefighters assisted at the scene.
• On April 13 received a report of identity theft where a Cornwall man had six credit cards opened up in his name. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On April 13 received a report of the theft of batteries from construction equipment at a business located on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh. The theft is believed to have occurred sometime between 6 p.m. on April 12 and noon on April 13. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.