ADDISON COUNTY —Vermont State Police are investigating the report of a domestic assault off Route 17 in Starksboro on Thursday, Jan. 25. Troopers report that Andrew E. Bissonnette, 22, of Starksboro assaulted a victim, and that Bisonnette was also on active conditions of release, which he violated.
Prior to arrival the arrival of VSP, Bissonnette fled the residence and could not be located.
VSP put out a notice to be on the lookout for Bissonnette. By early this week they had taken him into custody.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On Jan. 22 at 1 p.m. cited Justin Broe, 25, of Addison for driving a vehicle on Route 17 in West Addison while his license was under criminal suspension.
• On Jan. 22 at 5:29 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Korey Murray, 32, of Underhill for speeding on Monkton Road in Monkton. Police cited Murray for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On Jan. 23 responded to a report of a burglary at a home on Route 125 in Cornwall. The victims said that someone entered the residence between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. and stole an assortment of jewelry. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP at 1-802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On Jan. 23 at 6:38 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Samantha Morin, 29, of Monkton for speeding on Plank Road in New Haven. Police cited Morin for possession of heroin and possession of Suboxone, a regulated substance. She was subsequently released.
• On Jan. 23 at 9 p.m. responded to a one-car crash on Route 7 in Salisbury. Police said Marie Hart, 26, of New Haven was driving northbound on Route 7 when her vehicle, a Chevy HHR, collided with a deer. Hart was not injured, but her vehicle sustained extensive damage and the deer expired as a result of the collision.
• On Jan. 23 check on a disabled motorist on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh. The trooper ended up citing Ellen Giblin, 74, of Middlebury for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• On Jan. 25 at 8:19 a.m. responded to a one-car crash on Rogers Road in Salisbury, where police report Xu Kennedy, 51, of Salisbury lost control of the 2008 Subaru she was driving, left the road and struck a utility pole. Leicester Service Center responded to the scene and towed the vehicle due to damage.
• On Jan. 25 responded to a burglary complaint at a Town Line Road home in Addison. The complainants advised that someone had entered the residence and stolen various items that day between 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP at 802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by testing “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On Jan. 25 at 9:22 p.m. responded to a motor vehicle crash on Basin Harbor Road in Ferrisburgh. Police said the silver Mazda in the crash was totaled and the driver, identified as Elisabeth A. Bradley, 28, of Vergennes, was found to be under the influence of alcohol. Police said Bradley was two times over the legal blood alcohol content limit of 0.08 percent, and they cited her for DUI.
• On Jan. 26 at 9:22 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Nathan Redmond, 28, of Vergennes on Plank Road in New Haven for speeding. The trooper cited Redmond for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• On Jan. 27 were called to investigate the burglary of the West Addison General Store on Route 17 West in Addison. Police report that various items were taken from the store between 3 a.m. and 3:16 p.m. that day. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP at 388-4919. Information can also be submitted online at www.vtips.info or by testing “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On Jan. 27 at approximately 10:17 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Church Street in Rutland City for a motor vehicle violation and found that the driver, 45-year-old Christopher Richards of Brandon, was operating the vehicle with a criminally suspended license. During the traffic stop, police located inside Richards’ vehicle a Dell laptop computer that had been reported stolen from Killington on Jan. 24. Richards was cited for driving with a suspended license and possession of stolen property.
• On Jan. 28 at 12:58 p.m. responded to a one-car crash on Route 74 in Cornwall. Police said Daniel Streetman, 28, of Hewitt, Texas, was westbound when he lost control of the 2007 Pontiac he was driving and struck a guardrail causing substantial front-end damage to the car. Both driver and passenger were uninjured. The trooper said that one contributing cause of the accident was the vehicle had summer tires installed and was not equipped for winter driving.
• On Jan. 28 responded to a report of a theft from a home on Smead Road in Salisbury. The resident said he returned home at 4 p.m. after being gone two hours to find someone had stolen a large green gardening wagon from the front of the home. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On Jan. 28 at 6:48 p.m. responded to a single-vehicle crash on Snake Mountain Road in Weybridge. The driver, identified as John LaFountain, 51, of Bridport, told the trooper he lost control of the Dodge Ram 1500 he was driving while trying to negotiate a corner. Road conditions — described as snow covered — appeared to be a factor in the crash. The trooper issued the driver a written warning for failing to drive to the right.
• On Jan. 29 at 7:22 a.m. responded to a one-car crash on Hawkins Road in Ferrisburgh. Police said William Bradley, 53, of Ferrisburgh was traveling northbound on Hawkins Road, lost control of his Chrysler Town and Country he was driving, crossed the center line and went off the west side of Hawkins Road striking numerous small trees. The trooper reported that the primary cause of this crash was the driver traveling too fast for the snowy road conditions.