MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police between Jan. 1 and 7 issued two citations for driving under the influence of alcohol, both first offenses.
At 12:22 a.m. on Jan. 1, police cited Mark Hubbell, 50, of New Haven for DUI after stopping his vehicle on Court Street.
At 12:26 a.m. on Jan. 5, Middlebury police cited Benjamin G. Johnson, 25, of Florence for DUI after pulling him over on Route 30.
Middlebury police, along with officers from Vergennes and Bristol, Vermont State Police, and deputies from the Addison County Sheriff’s Department, also participated in a New Year’s Eve sobriety checkpoint on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh at which one Essex Junction man was cited for DUI, fourth offense, and a number of other citations were handed out to some of the 700 drivers checked.
Between Jan. 1 and 7, Middlebury police also:
• On Jan. 1 helped a motorist on Case Street.
• On Jan. 1 dealt with an intoxicated person on Seminary Street.
• On Jan. 1 served a no-trespass notice on Court Street.
• On Jan. 1 checked the security of a Maple Street business.
• On Jan. 1 dealt with a case of larceny from a vehicle on Court Street.
• On Jan. 1 handled an animal incident on Case Street.
• On Jan. 2 dealt with a landlord-tenant dispute on Cross Street.
• On Jan. 3 responded to an accident at the intersection of South Main Street and Storrs Avenue.
• On Jan. 3 dealt with a landlord-tenant dispute on Airport Road.
• On Jan. 3 handled a larceny complaint on Court Street.
• On Jan. 3 dealt with a minor in possession of alcohol on Deerfield Lane.
• On Jan. 3 responded to car accidents on Court, Main and Seymour streets.
• On Jan. 3 checked out a report of a suspicious person on Valley View Drive.
• On Jan. 4 dealt with an animal incident on Halpin Road.
• On Jan. 4 conducted a death investigation at Porter Hospital.
• On Jan. 5 checked the security of a Main Street business.
• On Jan. 5 looked into a report of a suspicious person on Maple Street.
• On Jan. 5 checked the welfare of Weybridge Street, Route 7 South and Buttolph Drive residents.
• On Jan. 5 dealt with animal problems on Woodland Park and Foote Street.
• On Jan. 6 responded to an accident with injuries on North Pleasant Street.
• On Jan. 6 dealt with a Seminary Street neighbor dispute.
• On Jan. 6 dealt with a Court Street accident in which an operator left the scene.
• On Jan. 6 checked the welfare of a Court Street resident.