Today's issue of the Addison County Independent is now available online, at a newsstand near you, or by print or online subscription. Be sure to pick up today's paper for:
- A profile of Doug Racine, who is making a bid for Democratic gubernatorial candidate. This is the longtime state senator's second attempt to win the position of governor.
- A look at East Middlebury Democrat Amy Sheldon's write-in campaign to get her name onto the November general election ballot in the race for state Senator representing Addison County and Brandon.
- The latest part of the Making a Life in Addison County series, which looks at young adults in the area. This installment includes an article and slideshow profile of Seth Kittredge, 30, a Mount Abe graduate who did a tour of duty in Iraq with the Vermont National Guard and chose to come back and raise a family in Vergennes.
- Endorsements by editor Angelo Lynn in the Secretary of State and state auditor races in next week's primary elections.
- This week's Patchwork, in which Barbara Ganley writes about the tomato and potato blight and her Irish roots. Then check out her recipes for fruitcake, slow-roasted tomatoes and chutney on our staff blog.
And if you're still wondering who to vote for in the primary elections next Tuesday, don't miss our Election 2010 section, a collection of news, candidate profiles, commentary and endorsements in the leadup to November's election.
Head to our website to manage your newsletter subscriptions or unsubscribe from this mailing list.